As part of one of the most polluting industries, it is very important to us to continuously try to manage our meetings and conferences in a more sustainable manner.
The following measures have been taken in order to reach our goal of being more sustainable:
- Minimize the use of plastic – e.g. we no longer use plastic holders for participant badges, they are made of paper only
- We recycle all paper, plastic, metal and other recyclable materials
- We recommend our clients to have less printed congress materials, and become more digital instead
- We try to minimize the food waste by continuously adjusting catering orders. When possible, we recommend that conferences make registration fees lower and offer catering for purchase instead of including it in the registration fee.
- When it makes sense, we urge our speakers to take the train instead of a flight
- When possible, we organize it so that delegates use public transport or bike instead of organizing conference shuttles
- When possible, we choose the most sustainable suppliers we can find
We will continue to investigate new ways of becoming more sustainable in all of our operations as a company and within the meetings industry.